Friday, April 10, 2009

Isn't It Romantic?

This post is only tangentially related to film. This morning I opened the almost-floor-to-ceiling-windows of my tiny Parisian apartment to one of these. It was so darling and unexpected. The couple waved to me when they saw me leaning on the railing and smiling, and as I looked about, I noticed others doing the same in their cramped Haussmanian high-rises. Then I noticed the street-cleaners with their bright green, imitation plastic straw brooms, and women shaking out tablecloths on their balconies, and other Parisians going about their daily business, and was reminded of one of the most delightful movies I've ever seen, Love Me Tonight. Specifically the opening scene.

You think things like that aren't real, but they are! At least, they are in Paris. What a place to be in Springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment